What is The Quad Living-Learning Community?
The Quad L LC was created to provide students of color a space for cultural connection and academic support. Focusing on the four areas of student development that are priorities at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) as well as Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs): Cultural Connections, Engagement, Academics and Service, students will be provided an environment where they can grow and flourish.
This LLC gives students an opportunity
to live in an environment that fosters unity among underrepresented students. The
Quad LLC is open to all students of color at WVU
As a member of this LLC, you will:
- Be surrounded by students of color in a supportive, academic-focused living-learning community that eases your transition to college.
- Participate in events and activities centered around Cultural Connections, Engagement, Academics, and Service.
- Enroll in a common curriculum developed to help students of color gain study skills, learn about WVU resources and stay engaged.
- Build connections with other students, staff members and faculty who are passionate about empowering underrepresented communities at WVU.
- Prepare yourself for success and persistance from your first days on campus all the way to graduation.
WHERE WILL I LIVE?
This community is part of the Evansdale Residential Complex (Towers). Students will choose from available spaces, the majority of which are in double occupancy rooms. Other amenities include on-site dining services, high-speed internet, study rooms, and much more. Students will also have an opportunity to be involved in the larger residence hall community and will be able to participate in all events and activities that occur in the hall.
For more information about The Quad LLC, contact Niara Campbell.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Complete The Quad LLC Community Application.
- Apply for a Residence Hall which includes paying the $225 housing deposit and choosing a space in a WVU residence hall. Your room assignment will change if you are selected to live in The Quad LLC; your roommate will be someone who was also selected for The Quad LLC.