Once the Conference Request Form has been received and processed, WVU Conference Services will execute a Facility Use Agreement for your signature. Accommodations are not guaranteed until a signed contract has been received by Conference Services.
Due to the increased need of housing at the Evansdale Residential Complex (ERC) for groups being housed June 15–June 30, a limited number of space will be equally allocated between groups. Additional housing can be provided on the Downtown area of campus.
If you have more than one group/camp during the summer, there must be at least one day between group one’s check-out and group two’s check-in. This is to assure adequate time for the cleaning of rooms.
If you are not utilizing an entire floor and additional space is needed for another conference/camp, we may place guests from those conferences/camps on your floor.
Conference Services reserves the right to change building location as deemed necessary. All attendee’s must be checked in individually. No “group” check ins permitted.
Registration may not begin until the Conference Service Office has a typed list of guests checking in.
For the security of our guests, lost keys will require a lock change instead of a key replacement. The fee will be $50.00 per lock change and $30.00 per key/elevator card. The fee is due prior to checking out. If the individual does not pay the fee at checkout, your conference/camp will be billed.
Should a guest misplace their room key, a photo ID will be required prior to permitting the guest back into their room. If the person does not have a photo ID, they must bring a chaperone or RA to the main desk to verify their identity. The chaperone/RA will be required to show their ID.
Full service includes sheets, blanket, pillow, two bath towels, one washcloth, shampoo, soap, and cup. Rooms are serviced daily Monday through Friday. Rooms are not serviced on Saturday or Sunday, although, extra linens will be left in the rooms on Friday.
Basic service does not include any linens.
Youth Group Supervision
Groups whose participants are under the age of 18 must provide live-in, adult advisors. Two adult advisors per 50 participants under the age of 18.
Youth groups should also plan to provide structured opportunities and free-time activities during times when participants are not directly involved in program activities. The younger the participants, the more structure needed during free-time. Experience has shown that groups who adequately provide this structure experience far fewer participant behavior problems and far fewer charges for damages to facilities.
Check-In/Check-OutConference Services will provide staff at each registration for a two-hour block of time to distribute keys.
All guests (including chaperones) must check out by 11 a.m. Exceptions to this time must be approved by our office in advance and will be subject to room availability. Group/guests checking out after 11 a.m., without prior approval, will be billed for an additional night at the applicable rate.
MealsBreakfast, lunch and dinner may be provided in the Dining Hall for an additional charge. Authorized group contact will provide guaranteed numbers for food service to Conference Services no later than 72 business hours prior to the event. (NOTE: this number must be equal to or greater than the number of guests being housed.) If a final declaration of numbers is not given to WVU 72 business hours prior to arrival, you will be charged 100% of your original estimate on the Conference Request form.
The Dining Hall in each facility will not open for fewer than 50 individuals. If your count is under 50 people and you need meal service, you may contract a catered meal with WVU Culinary Creations at 304-293-5105. The only exception will be if other conference/camps are utilizing the Dining Hall and the total combined number is more than 50.
All food/snacks and beverages MUST be purchased through WVU.
NOTE: Guests are counted as they enter the Dining Hall based on the color of their wristband. Should a person exit and then re-enter the Dining Hall during the same meal, he/she will be counted twice. Thus, you will be invoiced for two meals for that person. Please advise your group not to re-enter the Dining Hall.
ParkingParking passes are $10 each and good for one week from date of issue. They are assigned according to the residence hall the group is staying.
Damages and Lost Items
If the fire department is called due to fire extinguishers being used or alarms being pulled on the floors contracted to your group, your group will be invoiced a fee of $500 per call in addition to charges for damages/repairs.
If any furniture is moved and not returned to its original location, your group will be invoiced $50.00 per item moved.
Conference guests are responsible for all replacement charges at the time of loss. However, if a guest is unable to pay at the time of checkout, the conference group will be responsible for all charges. Replacement charges will appear on the final billing statement.
ServicesWireless Internet Service will be provided.
A television will be available for guests in the lobby areas of each facility.
The front desk of each facility will be staffed 24 hours per day 7 days a week for the safety and security of our guests.
User agrees, at its own expense, to purchase and to maintain a commercial general liability insurance policy in the minimum amounts of $1,000,000 combined single limit per occurrence, and $5,000 medical expense per person. Said insurance policy shall be written by a financially sound insurance company, reasonably acceptable to the University. A certificate of liability insurance, naming West Virginia University as “additional insured,” shall be provided to the University, no later than five (5) business days before the date of your event. The above insurance coverage must remain in effect for the duration of the use of the Licensed Facility. If such use is ongoing or repetitive, a certificate of liability insurance must be provided to the University each year upon renewal of the above-noted insurance policy. The University must be given thirty (30) days written notice of the cancellation of liability insurance coverage.
It is expressly understood that the name of West Virginia University shall not be used without prior written approval from the WVU Trademark Licensing Department. All advertising materials must be submitted to the WVU Conference Services Office prior to distribution for University approval.
For health and safety reasons the following items are not permitted in student rooms. Failure to comply with these restrictions will result in the item being confiscated.
- Free weights over 20 pounds total
- Electric devices such as hot plate, cup heater, toasters and ovens, popcorn popper, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, electric grills, portable heaters, sandwich makers, crock pots, etc.
- Alcohol, drugs, paraphernalia and empty alcohol containers
- Any open-flame object (e.g., candles or incense) and candle warmers
- Subwoofers, drums and amplified instruments (e.g., electric guitars)
- Gasoline, lighter fluid, charcoal grills or any combustible, explosive or flammable material
- Pets of any kind (except for service animals)
- Halogen lamps
- Supplies used to stack or loft beds
- Paintball, BB or pellet guns
- Extension cords or multi-receptacle outlets (UL listed power strips with surge protectors are permitted)
- Motor bikes, Segways, etc.
- Decorations attached to light fixtures, sprinklers, smoke detectors, etc.
- Any item hung outside the window
This list is not comprehensive. Conference and Event Scheduling reserves the right to ask attendee to remove items that are considered unsafe or disruptive. If residence includes a kitchen area in the apartment, appliances are permitted.
- Quiet hours on each floor are required from 11 p.m.– 7 a.m. If your group has a need for later events, please contact our office to reserve a meeting space.
- No tobacco products are permitted on WVU property.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted in residence halls.
- If you would like to host a social event with alcoholic beverages for groups with participants over the age of 21, you must obtain permission through the Legal Affairs and General Counsel’s Office. Conference Services must have a copy of the approval granted by Legal Affairs.
- To assure a well-organized conference, please submit a tentative written itinerary to Conference Services as soon as one becomes available. A finalized copy of the itinerary is required no later than 10 days prior to the event date.
- Change for vending machines will NOT be made available at the Front Desk. Please advise all your campers/guests to bring change with them.
- Conference Services is NOT responsible for lost or stolen items. Please advise each participant to leave valuables at home.