We're looking forward to welcoming you to campus. Now that you've completed the steps to secure housing by completing the housing application, you may be wondering what's next.
Frequently asked questions about the assignments process
How will the Housing Assignments Team know where I want to live?
- We will review your preferences (residence hall, living-learning community, style of space) and make your housing assignment based upon current availability.
How quickly will my assignment be made?
- Typically, your assignment will be made within 3-5 business days after you complete the application and pay your housing deposit.
How do I check my room and roommate assignment?
- An email will be sent to your WVU email account (MIX) when your assignment has been processed. You will then be able to review your assignment information and communicate with your roommate(s) via myhousing.wvu.edu.
What if I have questions about my assignment?
- If you have questions about your housing assignment or housing in general, please contact the Housing Assignments Office at 304-293-2811, Monday - Friday (8:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.) or email@example.com.
What if I want to request a change in my assignment?
- After you receive your assignment, visit myhousing.wvu.edu (Application Status page) where you will find directions on requesting a change. You must have a current assignment before making a request for a change.
- A request is not a guarantee of an assignment change; changes will be made based upon space availability and are first-come, first-served.