What is the RISE Living-Learning Community?
The RISE LLC was created to provide students of color a space for cultural connection and academic support. This LLC gives students an opportunity to live in an environment that fosters unity among underrepresented students. RISE LLC is open to all students of color at WVU.
As a member of this LLC, you will:
- Be surrounded by students of color in a supportive, academic-focused living-learning community that eases your transition to college.
- Participate in RISE WVU events and activities based in service learning and community building.
- Enroll in a RISE LLC introductory course developed to help students of color gain study skills, learn about WVU resources and stay engaged.
- Build connections with other students, staff members and faculty who are passionate about empowering underrepresented communities at WVU.
- Prepare yourself to rise to success and persist from your first days on campus all the way to graduation.
WHERE WILL I LIVE?
This community is part of the Evansdale Residential Complex (Towers). Students will choose from available spaces, the majority of which are in double occupancy rooms. Other amenities include on-site dining services, high-speed internet, study rooms, and much more. Students will also have an opportunity to be involved in the larger residence hall community and will be able to participate in all events and activities that occur in the hall.
For more information about the RISE LLC, contact Niara Campbell. Email Niara
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Complete the RISE Community Application
- Apply for a Residence Hall which includes paying the $225 housing deposit and choosing a space in a WVU residence hall. Your room assignment will change if you are selected to live in the RISE LLC; your roommate will be someone who was also selected for the RISE LLC.