Move-Out Spring 2020: May 18 - June 6
Housing and Residence Life invites residents to return to campus to collect items from their residence hall space and complete the check-out process.
In response to concerns expressed by the Monongalia County Commission, the University has adjusted residence hall move out dates to now begin on May 18 and extend through June 6. The health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and community are our highest priority and we are all in this together.
The move-out process was developed with guidance from public health officials and medical professionals. It limits contact and expedites the check-out process. Increased cleaning of public spaces and high touch items will take place throughout the day. To prioritize the health and safety of our students and staff as part of WVU's ongoing response to COVID-19, residents must schedule a time for their move-out.
Please reschedule if you experience symptoms of COVID-19 in the days preceding your move-out time slot; email email@example.com.
If you are coming from out-of-state, be sure to check for any orders or guidance that limit travel – moving out of a residence hall might not be considered essential. All students and their moving assistants may remain in Monongalia County for 24 hours without being subject to self-quarantine requirements.
Morgantown area hotels are offering special rates for move-out from May 18 through June 6.
MOVE-OUT DATES AND SCHEDULING PROCESS
Move-out will begin Monday, May 18 and continue through Saturday, June 6, with the exception of Memorial Day weekend (Saturday, May 23, Sunday, May 24 and Monday, May 25).
Students MUST REGISTER
– anyone arriving for move-out who is not scheduled to move out on that day
and time will be denied access to their building;
this is to maintain the highest possible level of health and safety.
- Registration MUST be completed at least 48 hours prior to arrival.
Residents should login at myhousing.wvu.edu to select a time slot. Only spaces in their residence hall will be available for selection. WVU login credentials are required to complete the registration process.
Time slots are available Monday - Saturday (with the exception of Memorial
Day Weekend: Saturday, May 23, Sunday, May 24 and Monday, May
25) as follows:
- 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Residents should plan to complete move-out and check-out within the two-hour time slot.
- Suitemates/roommates cannot select the same time slot.
- Registration changes may be made up to 48 hours prior to arrival; students may access the system to make any changes prior to the 48-hour window. If within 48 hours, students should email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Residents unable to return between May 18 – June 6 due to travel restrictions or other extreme circumstances should email the Residence Life office at email@example.com.
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
- Personal protection equipment is required in all public areas.
- Please bring personal protection equipment, including a mask and gloves, for each person participating in move-out. The CDC has guidelines on cloth face coverings to help slow the spread of COVID-19. (Each building will have a limited supply of masks and gloves.)
- WVU staff will clean and sanitize high-touch areas and moving carts throughout the day.