This information is for students who are withdrawing from WVU at any time during the academic year or between fall and spring semesters. Please remember that housing contracts are legally binding for the entire academic year and students who leave their residence hall assignment during the academic year must withdraw from the University or will be responsible for the balance of the housing contract.
- To vacate the residence halls, you must check out at the Front Desk of your residence hall and do the following:
- Complete the “Leaving The Residence Halls Form” available at the desk
- Return any room/mailbox keys that have been issued to you
- Leave a mail forwarding address
Do not leave your keys with a friend or the RA. Forms without keys (if you have been issued mail or room keys) will not be accepted. In addition, keys will not be accepted without the form being completed.
If you are withdrawing from the University for the Fall, Spring, or both terms, you must withdraw through the on-line system or view the Office of University Registrar withdrawal policy. Completion of this form will not withdraw you from the university.
- If you are withdrawing from the University for the term, you will be billed for the term until you have officially withdrawn through the Office of University Registrar and have returned the residence hall keys and checked out at your residence hall main desk.
If you indicate you are not returning to the University for the Spring term, your housing space will be forfeited. If, however, you are registered for the Spring term, you will be billed for the term until you are no longer registered for courses. This also applies if you change your mind and decide to return to WVU in the Spring. The contract you signed is legally binding for the entire academic year and you will be billed if you attend in the Spring term regardless of where you reside.
If you indicate you are not returning and change your mind there is a possibility that you will be reassigned to a new room and new roommate.
If you decide not to return once you are home for semester break, call the Assignments Office at 304-293-2811 for instructions. You must return to campus before Spring semester classes begin to return keys and remove all personal belongings from your residence hall space. You will be billed until you have completely vacated University-owned property.