COUNT DOWN TO WINTER BREAK.
Here's a quick overview of what you need to do when you vacate your room at the end of the semester.
When should I plan to leave for winter break?
- You should plan to vacate your room within 24 hours after your last final exam. Residence halls officially close on Saturday, December 21 at noon.
What should I do if I am not returning to WVU for the spring semester?
- There is important information you should know before making your decision. Learn more about the procedure for leaving the residence halls if you withdraw from WVU.
What should I do before I leave for break? RAs will check each room for safety and security, however help them by completing the following tasks:
- Close and lock your windows
Pick up your trash. Remove trash from your room before you leave and put it in the designated areas for your hall. Help out the planet and recycle what you can.
- Unplug coffee makers, curling irons, etc.
- Do not unplug/turn off your refrigerator. Remove items that might spoil over the break.
- Be sure nothing is on radiators/heating units.
- Turn off all lights.
- Lock your door.
- Return "borrowed" utensils. Maybe a few bowls or plates from the dining halls found their way to your room. Drop them off at the dining hall where you found them. We won't ask any questions.
Hall Opening & Closing Dates
University Residence Halls close during breaks and reopen at the beginning of each semester and after official WVU holidays. To view the opening and closing dates Click Here.