Card Access at Towers (Evansdale Residential Complex)
To help ensure the safety of residents, beginning January 2018, there will be some changes to the way Towers residents can access entry.
- Card readers, located at exit doors, interior doors and elevators doors will be active when students return to campus in January 2018
- Only residents will be able to access the stairways and elevators that travel to the residential floors in each tower. This will be 24-hour controlled access.
- Visitors with accessibility concerns who are registered with the Office of Accessibility Services will be able to access elevators between Main and Ground floors to reach classroom and program spaces.
- Visitors to residential spaces must be escorted by a resident
- Non-primary, exterior and interior doors between the Main and Ground floors will be secured at 9:00 p.m. daily, and will not be open to residents or the public until 7:00 a.m. daily.
- Residents will continue to swipe in at the front desks and register guests at Bennett and Brook Towers throughout the evening as currently practiced.