Students may request break housing during the winter recess. The registration deadline is Monday, December 12.
A limited number of residence halls (Oakland East/West, as well as Bennett, Braxton and Brooke Towers in the Evansdale Residential Complex) are scheduled to remain open during Winter Break (please note that due to staffing limitations, unlike Thanksgiving Break, Stalnaker Hall residents that register for break housing will be temporarily relocated to the Evansdale Residential Complex during the break period). Students living in break housing locations may register to stay in their rooms during the break period, and a limited number of spaces are available in the Evansdale Residential Complex (Towers) for students who live in residence halls not designated for break housing.
Break Period Dates and Pricing:
- First Week of Winter Break (Late Departure) - December 17 - December 24 (Check-Out Saturday, December 24 by Noon) - $175
- Last Week of Break (Return Early) - January 1 - January 7 (Check-In after 12pm on December 31) - $175
- Entire Winter Break - December 17 - January 7 - $450
- Residence halls will close on Saturday, December 17 at noon and reopen on Saturday, January 7 at noon.
- Advance registration is required. The registration deadline is Monday, December 12. No refunds (partial or full) will be granted after the registration deadline or if a student registers and does not utilize the space during all or part of their registration period.
- If there is little or no demand in any of the residence halls designated as winter break housing, Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to close one or more of these locations and move/consolidate students with break housing reservations within the Evansdale Residential Complex (Towers).
- Only current residents with existing housing contracts (2022-23) are eligible for break housing.
- Services available during break periods are limited, as staffing will be significantly reduced.
Only those who register online and agree to the following terms and conditions will be allowed to stay in the residence halls during any WVU break period:
- Residents are subject to all policies outlined in the University Student Code of Conduct and Residence Hall Community Standards of Conduct.
- To ensure everyone's safety, no guests are permitted.
- Dining halls will be closed during the break; Mountie Bounty may be used in designated locations.
- No linens are provided during the break period.
- Fitness centers are not open during the break period.
- Mail service and package delivery will not be available during the break period.
- Residents will not access their regularly assigned residence hall space if they are assigned to an overflow space in the Evansdale Residential Complex (Towers).
- There is an additional charge for break housing; housing contracts do not include official University break periods. Charges will be assess to student's WVU account.
If you have questions, or need further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For a checklist of what to do before you leave campus for the fall/winter break, please visit Leaving Campus for Winter Break.