THINGS TO DEFINITELY BRING
- Rain-wear and umbrella
- Room decorations
- Bathrobe, shower shoes, shower bucket, towels, and washcloths
- Two sets of linens (mattresses are 36” x 80”), blankets and pillow
- Fan (in buildings without air conditioning)
- Surge protectors
- School supplies and a backpack
THINGS YOU MAY WANT TO BRING
- Mini Refrigerator (10 amps, maximum size of 3.2 cubic feet) – see note below
- Throw pillows for your bed
- Computer with security cable and lock
- Coffee mugs, plastic cups
- Extra lamp and stackable crates
- Portable electronic devices
- Coffeemaker (with lighted on/off indicator)
- Board games, cards
- Moving cart/dolly to make move-in easier
Note: Refrigerators and microwave/refrigerator combination units may be rented from the My MicroFridge during New Student Orientation or you may call toll free 1-800-525-7307.
For health and safety reasons the following items are not permitted in student rooms. Failure to comply with these restrictions will result in the item being confiscated and will be considered a student conduct/disciplinary matter.
- Free weights over 20 pounds total
- Electric devices such as hot plate, cup heater, toasters and ovens, popcorn popper, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, electric grills, portable heaters, sandwich makers, crock pots, etc.
- Alcohol, drugs, paraphernalia, and empty alcohol containers
- Microwaves- see note below
- Any open-flame object (e.g., candles or incense) and candle warmers
- Weapons (see Community Standards of Conduct)
- Gasoline, lighter fluid, charcoal grills or any combustible, explosive, or flammable material
- Pets of any kind
- Halogen lamps
- Supplies used to stack or loft beds, with the exception of plastic risers which may be purchased at mass retailers; these may not exceed six inches in height
- Paintball, BB, or pellet guns
- Wireless routers (routers are permitted if the wireless feature is disabled—see ResNet policies).
- Extension cords or multi-receptacle outlets (UL listed power strips with surge protectors are permitted)
- Motor bikes, Segways, Hoverboards, etc.
- Decorations attached to light fixtures, sprinklers, smoke detectors, etc.
- Any item hung outside the window
- Use of subwoofers, drums and amplified instruments (e.g., electric guitars) is not permitted, but these items may be stored in a student’s room provided such equipment does not disrupt the residential community (items may be confiscated if they present a disruption to the residential community)
This list is not comprehensive. Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to ask students to remove items that are considered unsafe or disruptive.
Note: Refrigerators and microwave/refrigerator combination units may be rented from My MicroFridge during New Student Orientation or you may call toll free 1-800-525-7307.