Students who wish to stay for the WVU - Oklahoma State football game may stay in their current housing assignment on Friday, November 22 and Saturday, November 23; registration is required and students will be charged $25/night.
Winter Break Housing Registration Open Until December 6
Thanksgiving Break housing will be available Friday, November 22 through November 30 in Oakland and Stalnaker Halls and Evansdale Residential Complex (Bennett, Braxton, Brooke, and Lyon Towers). Students who live in residence halls other than those designated for break housing may request a space in Brooke Tower; space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. (Residents of College Park Apartments, Oakland Apartments, University Park Apartments, University Place [North Tower] Apartments/Townhomes and Vandalia Apartments may stay during break periods without registering.) Not all residence halls can remain open due to staffing and security over breaks.
Advance registration is required.
Online registration for other break periods will be open as follows:
Spring Break registration: February 3 - 28, 2020
- The cost for break housing is $25 per day; charges will be applied to the student's account after their stay. Check-out time is 2pm (students will be charged for the following night if they stay past check-out).
- To ensure everyone's safety, no guests will be permitted.
- Only students who register online and agree to terms and conditions will be allowed to stay.
- Only current residents with existing housing contracts for 2019 - 2020 are eligible for break housing.
- Services available during break periods are limited, as staffing will be reduced. Students will receive instructions on how to request/contact campus service providers with their break housing confirmation.
- Meals will not be served in any of WVU's residential dining halls during any university break period. Students may use Dining Dollars or Mountie Bounty at participating locations.
- Failure to follow the student code of conduct and/or housing rules and regulations can result in removal from break housing.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Extended to November 11 for Thanksgiving and Football Break Housing. Full and partial refunds will not be applied after the registration deadline or if a registered student does not utilize the space during all or part of their registration period.