First Year Live On Requirement (FYLOR)
FIRST TIME FRESHMAN AND TRANSFER STUDENTS:
All students classified as freshmen (under 29 hours of WVU-accepted college credit- transferable hours earned while in high school does
qualify) who will not have reached their 21st birthday by September 1, 2018 must live in a West Virginia University Residence Hall for a full academic year (Aug-May) or the following full academic year, if admitted in the spring. The following exceptions apply with verification:
- Commute from a permanent home address within a 50-mile radius of Morgantown
- Married students
- Custodial parent of a dependent child
- Student has one year of active duty military service
Planning or proposing to live with a sibling or other relative does not qualify you as a commuter.
In order to be considered a commuter:
- Your permanent address (at the time of admission to WVU) must be within a 50-mile radius of Morgantown with your parent(s)/guardian.
- The address you are claiming must be in the same county as the High School from which you are graduating.
When completing the application on-line, if you are eligible to commute, a commuting option will appear on your application. Simply check that box and submit your application. It is important that we have you listed as a commuter in our system to avoid sending you mail which does not apply to you.
NON TRADITIONAL STUDENTS:
Those students 24 or older, or graduate level, or married students, or are faculty and staff seeking housing can find accommodations at University Apartments.
Visit the Off-Campus Housing Office for more information on off-campus housing.
If you have questions about your housing eligibility contact us!