The Sky's the Limit!
Want to have an impact on students? Become a Resident Assistant!
Starting college can be difficult. Many residents are living away from home for the first time. Making new friends, taking challenging classes and living with a roommate can be downright scary.
Resident Assistants help by connecting students to their new home away from home. As an RA, you'll guide your residents through their new environment and build meaningful relationships. You'll develop programs and visual displays to encourage discussions about important issues like making healthy choices, staying safe on campus and getting involved on campus. You'll have late night conversations about relationships, classes and students' dreams about what they want to do after graduation. You'll celebrate that B+ in BIO 115 and cheer on the Mountaineers with them. You'll laugh a lot, and yes, you may even have to teach them how to do laundry.
Resident Assistants (RAs) are mentors, connectors, campus experts, and advocates.
They are among the most important student leaders on campus, and they are students
- just like you.
Don't miss this opportunity to make a have an impact! Deadline to apply is December 9, 2019 at 8:00 a.m.
How To Apply: 2020-2021 Academic Year
Interested individuals must attend one of the following information sessions:
- Thursday, September 19: 8:00 - 9:00 p.m., Laurel Room, Mountainlair
- Wednesday, October 9: 7:00 - 8:00 p.m., Room G05, Towers
- Tuesday, October 15: 6:00 - 7:00 p.m, Honors Classroom, Honors Hall
- Wednesday, October 23: 8:00 - 9:00 p.m., Room G05, Towers
- Monday, October 28: 9:00 - 10:00 p.m., Honors Classroom, Honors Hall
- Tuesday, November 5: 8:00 - 9:00 p.m., Room G05, Towers
- Thursday, November 14: 7:00 - 8:00 p.m., Shenandoah Room, Mountainlair
- Monday, December 2: 6: 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., Shenandoah Room, Mountainlair
When you attend an information session, you will be given a pass-code to access the application. The RA Application will be available the week of October 7.
Deadline to apply is December 9, 2019, 8:00 a.m.
Interviews for RA positions will take place January 24 - 26, 2020.
For questions about Resident Assistant Recruitment and Selection, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What An RA Has To Say About The Position
- Class: 2020
- Major: Multidisciplinary Studies (Future Master's of Elementary Education)
- Experience: RA, January 2017 to Present