Skip to main content

Who Has To Live On Campus

First Year Live On Requirement (FYLOR)


All single, first-year students are required to live in University housing. In addition, transfer students with fewer than 29 transferable credit hours are also required to live on campus. Exceptions to this include:


Planning or proposing to live with a sibling or other relative does not qualify you as a commuter.

In order to be considered a commuter:

When completing the application on-line, if you are eligible to commute, a commuting option will appear on your application. Simply check that box and submit your application. It is important that we have you listed as a commuter in our system to avoid sending you mail which does not apply to you.


Those students 24 or older, or graduate level, or married students, or are faculty and staff seeking housing can find accommodations at University Apartments.

Visit the Off-Campus Housing Office for more information on off-campus housing.

If you have questions about your housing eligibility contact us!