Volunteer for Operation Move-In 2018
Are you interested in moving into the residence halls before everyone else? Want to help Mountaineers move into their new home on campus? Looking for a way to move-in and get settled a bit early? A great way to become part of the Mountaineer family – and meet new friends – is by helping on move-in day.
- If you are a returning student, you can help new students by showing them the ropes, helping them move into their room and answer any questions they may have.
- If you're a new student, there’s no better way than volunteering to meet other new Mountaineers and get connected with them.
- All volunteers must attend a brief training session on Friday, August 10, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. (pizza provided!) We will provide you with information about move-in and give you a FREE volunteer t-shirt to wear on Saturday.
- Volunteers will be assigned to help at a specific residence hall and must check-in and check-out for shift(s) at the assigned residence hall.
- WEAR COMFORTABLE CLOTHING and closed-toe/heel shoes (think tennis shoes) suitable for unloading vehicles and carrying items/boxes to student rooms. We reserve the right to ask anyone wearing clothing that is inappropriate for a hot day of work to change clothes or leave. (No mini-skirts or flip-flops, please.)
- FREE t-shirt to wear during the event - add to your Mountaineer gear!
- An invitation to join a Welcome Picnic at the Student Rec Center or Mountainlair.
- Credit for up to 11 hours of community service on iServe.
- If you are living in a residence hall, you can move in a day early at no charge.*
The Fine Print
There are a limited number of Move-in Volunteer spots that include early move-in. If you wish to volunteer and move in on Friday, August 10, please complete the online registration; we will contact you as quickly as possible to let you know the status of your volunteer spot.
Due to schedule conflicts, beginning students who are new to the Honors College for the 2018-19 academic year are not eligible to participate in the Saturday, August 11 volunteer activities.
*If you register to volunteer on Saturday, August 11 and move into your residence hall space early to do so, be sure to sign-in at your assigned volunteer location and complete your volunteer shift(s). If you do not, your student account will be billed the daily rate for your residence hall space plus $175 for an unauthorized early arrival.