Update on Move-in Schedule
Due to WVU’s decision to begin classes on Wednesday, August 26, one week later than originally scheduled, additional residence hall move-in dates will be offered. The University recommends that students with a residence hall assignment adjust their move-in date and time slot one week later to coincide with the start of classes.
- Move-in will now take place between Saturday, August 15 and Saturday, August 22 (with the exception of Sunday, August 16). Students with an assigned move-in time slot between Saturday, August 8 and Saturday, August 15 must either confirm they wish to keep their existing time slot or schedule a new one.
- Students with an assigned time slot between Saturday, August 8 and Saturday, August 15 who have a crucial need (work, family needs or travel plans, for example) may keep that assignment. All other students must reschedule a new move-in time slot from August 15 through August 22.
The process to confirm or reschedule a move-in time slot will be as follows:
- Beginning Friday, July 31 at noon through Monday, August 3 at noon, students who wish to keep their existing time slot between August 8 and August 15 must login at myhousing.wvu.edu and register their intent to keep the existing appointment. An email will be sent to students’ MIX email account, and information will be posted to WVU social media accounts and websites when the portal opens and closes.
- On Monday, August 3 at noon the portal will close, and students will no longer be able to confirm an existing time slot. When the portal closes, all appointments that were not confirmed will be deleted .
- On Tuesday, August 4 at 9 a.m., the portal will reopen. Students may then schedule a time slot for move-in between Saturday, August 15 and Saturday, August 22.
- The portal will remain open for students to schedule a move-in time slot until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 14.
Students who are unable to keep their existing time slot or schedule a new one during the time slots available between August 15 and August 22 due to a crucial need should email email@example.com. They will be sent instructions on how to submit a special request to be considered for an exception to the process.
Information about the move-in process is available at housing.wvu.edu ; additional details about move-in day procedures will be sent to students in the next few days. Dining Services will offer limited dining options beginning Friday, August 7.
If you have questions about the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The dates for move-in and the process have changed since first announced the week of June 23. Move-in will begin on Saturday, August 15 and continue through Saturday, August 22 (with the exception of Sunday, August 16).
There will be time slots for each residence hall on each of these days (rather than each hall being assigned to a specific date as previously announced).
These changes were made to provide greater flexibility for students’ and their families’ schedules and the process for scheduling COVID-19 testing and space management.
Because of WVU’s ongoing response to COVID-19 and prioritizing the health and safety of our students and staff, residents must schedule a time to move in. If a resident arrives without a scheduled time slot for that day and time, they will be denied access to the building. No exceptions can be made for those who show up without a scheduled time for move-in.
Register for a Time Slot
When registration is open, log in at myhousing.wvu.edu to make your selection. Click on the MOVE-IN link at the upper right-hand corner of the page and follow the prompts.
- Move-in will begin Saturday, August 15 and continue through Saturday, August 22, with the exception of Sunday, August 16.
- There are time slots for each residence hall every day, beginning Saturday, August 15 and continuing through Saturday, August 22, with the exception of Sunday, August 16.
- Time slots are 90 minutes long.
- These time slots are available daily: 8-9:30 a.m., 10-11:30 a.m., Noon-1:30 p.m., 2-3:30 p.m., 4-5:30 p.m. and 6-7:30 p.m.
- Once the registration process is complete, you will receive an email confirmation for your selected date and time.
If you have extenuating circumstances related to move-in, please email email@example.com. Exceptions will be granted based upon the circumstances and the availability of time slots.
Currently, no programs have confirmed early arrival, including Honors, band and ROTC; students in these groups should make their move-in time slot selection NOW. Should this change, you will receive information about an adjusted move-in timeframe.
Residents may have ONLY TWO helpers accompany them into their residence hall during the move-in process to minimize the number of people in each building.
Per University policy, everyone participating in move-in must wear a mask and follow physical distancing protocols. West Virginia Governor Jim Justice announced, as of July 7, a face covering must be worn in all indoor places where social distancing cannot be maintained. These policies will be enforced.
Additional information, including protocols for COVID-19 testing and quarantine, what to bring/not to bring, parking during move-in and routes to use when traveling to campus will be announced over the next few weeks. This will be sent via email, shared on WVU’s social media accounts and posted at housing.wvu.edu.