With MyHousing.wvu.edu you are able to select your own roommate! Simply complete your online profile at myhousing.wvu.edu . Once you do that, you will then search profiles of other students to find the perfect roommate. Other residents will also be able to search for you, view your profile, request you as a roommate, and send you a message.
Searching and Selecting a Roommate
n searching for a roommate, students can use
the 'Search by Details', 'Search by Profile' or ‘Search by
Best Match’ to find a potential roommate match.
- Click ‘Request’ to send someone a roommate request; click on ‘View Profile’ to
view their profile; or click on ‘Send Message’ to send the student a message.
- When responding to student messages, make sure you are responding to the student
and not to a default email address. To do this, you must respond in the
- Only students who have completed the housing application and paid the housing deposit
can be considered in the roommate request.
- Students who have a roommate will have the option to place the roommate into
the other available room space. One roommate cannot select a space for a requested
roommate unless the roommate request has already been accepted.
- If one student is in a room prior to requesting or accepting a roommate request,
in the room must share the hall name and room number with their preferred roommate.
The roommate will need to select the room, if the space is available.
- If a room is selected and there are not enough available spaces for all roommates,
students will need to
select a different room.
- Spaces are not held for roommates. Spaces are open for any student to select. If
your preferred roommate does not select the available space in your room and someone else does, you are
not permitted to ask the other student to leave the room or to switch rooms.
If this happens, and you want to
keep your preferred roommate, you will need to find a new available room with
You do not have to select a roommate. You can select any available space in any room. The other space in the room will then be available for other students to select.